CANYON TRAILS ASSISTED LIVING AND MEMORY CARE PRESENTS
Memories are the threads that join families from one generation to the next. Canyon Trails Assisted Living and Memory Care Generations program gives residents and their families the support they need for living with memory loss. Generations offers seniors with dementia opportunities to thrive.
The supportive memory care at Canyon Trails is delivered in a kind compassionate way . . . reflective of residents’ lifestyles, routines and comfort levels. Staff engages with residents where they are, respectful of their individuality, moving in harmony with them.
Generations recognizes residents’ continued desire for dignity and individuality, a sense of belonging and opportunities for gratifying interactions with others. It draws on residents’ strengths, allows them to maintain existing abilities and fills gaps in life skills with an appropriate level of assistance.
The specially trained team members receive continuing education in “best practices” of dementia care. They use appropriate, progressive techniques, memory cues, verbal and non-verbal communications to redirect and reorient residents. They understand and respond compassionately to residents’ behaviors and changing abilities.
While the reality of memory loss may be difficult, Generations Memory Care at Canyon Trails helps build on the best memories possible for residents and their families. It allows residents to enjoy simple things in life – connecting and sharing precious moments.
Generations Memory Care Services and Amenities:
- Private and shared apartments
- Secured perimeters; delayed egress system
- Vibrant Life® activity and wellness program
- Interested family members can received auto-alerts of resident’s participation in activities in real time
- Secured courtyard and patio for outdoor exploration and relaxation
- 24-hour care and supervision
- Medication management
- Teepa Snow Certification and “can do” focus to promote independence
- Story of a Lifetime Assessment
- Music and Memory program – part of a National Research Initiative designed to focus on the musical aptitude and appreciation for residents with dementia. Because these two abilities remain long after other capacities have passed, music is an excellent way to reach beyond the disease to the person
- Signature Dining by Design program provides chef created, appealing, and consistent quality meals focused on nutritional brain wellness
- Weekly housekeeping, personal laundry and linen service
- Scheduled transportation and outings
- Utilities (except personal telephone) and cable TV included
- Beauty and Barber salon
- Specialized training for care staff
- Community support group